NLS-31 Paper/Thesis Submission Guidelines
Click here to download template for preparation of manuscript for NLS-31 Paper/Thesis.
You need to Register for NLS-31 before submitting paper(s)/thesis. Please visit Registration Menu for more information on registration.
Authors are requested to upload on NLS-31 website a full-length paper/manuscript in the specified format by 16-Sep-2022 as per the guidelines and instructions provided in the link provided above in red. Use MS word 2007 or higher version in ‘.doc’ or '.docx' format. The length of the manuscript should be at least 2 pages and not more than 4 pages (including figures, references, tables etc.). A short abstract as per the guidelines should also be uploaded separately alongwith manuscript. The accepted paper will be presented by the author during NLS-31 by poster presentation. Click here to download the poster template. Presenter(s) are requested to bring posters by themselves at the venue. The size of the poster should not exceed A0 size.
Ph.D. students who are submitting their thesis by December 31, 2022 for award of degree, or those who have been awarded Ph.D. degree after January 01, 2022, are eligible for the thesis presentation in NLS-31. Those interested in their thesis presentation should upload by 16-Sep-2022 the following documents : (i) a five-page summary of their thesis, (ii) a certificate from Ph.D. guide specifying date of submission of thesis or award of the degree (Click here to download sample certificate), (iii) list of publications related to thesis work. On the acceptance of this thesis summary, the student is expected to make a short presentation on the thesis work during NLS-31.
Use Paper Submission link in Submission menu to submit paper(s). The accepted file extensions are .doc, .docx. The upload size limit is 10 MB.
Use Thesis Submission link in Submission menu to submit thesis. The accepted file extensions are .doc, .docx. The upload size limit is 10 MB.
Use View Paper Submission link and View Thesis Submission link to view your paper(s) and thesis submission(s).
The acceptance, rejection, modification status of your submissions will be communicated to you by email. You may need to resubmit paper/thesis if required. Use the links given above to resubmit paper(s)/thesis.
The invited talks, papers selected for the "Best Poster Award", and articles based on the work of "Best Thesis Award", will be published in Kiran, the ILA Newsletter.
Communication of Acceptance:
- The authors will be communicated regarding Status of their submission by email.
- In case the Status is " Accepted with Minor Changes" or "Suggested for Resubmission due to Major Changes", author needs to resubmit the manuscript after incorporating suggested changes using same process (https://ila.org.in/nls31/submissions/paper) which was followed for original submission. A new submission ID will be assigened for each submisson.
- In case of resubmission the status of original submission will not be changed. Authors will be communicaed the Status of revised submission by mail after review. In case further resubmission is recommended for revised submission, same process for resubmission is to be repeated every time.
- Only those submissions whose status is Approved shall be considered finally. The status can be viewed using View My Submission link on the website.
- In case the Status is "Accepted" or "Accepted with Minor Changes" authors may go ahead with their departmental Approval Process (if required), Payment of Fees and Travel/Accomodation booking.