ILA Best Thesis and Best Poster Awards at NLS-09:
Best Thesis awards: Everey year, M/s Laser Spectra Services, Bangalore sponsors the BEST THESIS award at National Laser Symposium. Based on the deliberations in the meeting of the panel of judges held on Jan 16,2010, the following three thesis have been selected for the "ILA best thesis awards":
- "Optical Properties of Nanostructure Materials"
J. Jaybalan from LPAD,RRCAT,Indore.
- "Study of Ion Emission from Intense Femtosecond Laser Produced Solid Plasmas"
S. Bagchi from TIFR, Mumbai.
- "High Power CW Optical Parametric Oscillators from Visible to Near-Infrared"
G. K. Samanta from ICFO, Barcelona, Spain
Best Poster awards: From 2006 onwards M/s Laser Science, Mumbai sponsors these awards. Based on the deliberations in the meeting of the panel of judges held on Jan 15,2010, the following five posters have been selected for the ILA best poster awards:
- Spectral narrowing of emission from ZnO inverse photonic crystals
Sunita Kedia1, R. Vijaya1,2, Alok K. Ray3, Sucharita Sinha3 and K. Dasgupta3
1 Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
2 Present address: Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,Kanpur 208 016, India
3 Laser and Plasma Technology division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400085,India
- Electron spin resonance (ESR), laser confocal, and micro-Raman studies of the femtosecond laser modified regions in Poly (Methyl Methacrylate) (PMMA) and Poly (Dimethyl Siloxane) (PDMS).
K.L.N. Deepak1, D. Narayana Rao1,*, and S. Venugopal Rao2,*
1 School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
2 Advanced Centre of Research in High Energy Materials, University of Hyderabad,Hyderabad 500046, India
- Impurities good and bad: Doped cluster nanoplasmas in intense laser fields and characterization of impurity level
J. Jha, and M. Krishnamurthy
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,1 Homi Bhaba Road, Mumbai 400 005, India
- Measurements of total angular momentum values of high-lying even-parity atomic states of samarium by spectrally resolved laser-induced fluorescence
A. K. Pulhani, M. L. Shah, G. P. Gupta, B. M. Suri
Laser and Plasma Technology Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai-400 085
- Effect of thermal damage on the ex-vivo Raman and fluorescence characteristics of hepatic tissues.
Hemant Krishna, S.K. Majumder,P.K.Gupta
Laser Biomedical Applications and Instrumentation Division, RRCAT, Indore