As a life member of the association, you have certain rights and privileges which are as follows:
- You will receive a membership certificate which bears your name and membership number.
- You will receive regularly (free of cost) the issues of "Kiran - the Bulletin of the Indian Laser Association" which is a quarterly publication of the association. You are most welcome to contribute laser related articles / news / book reviews, your laboratory reports, etc. for the same.
- You can participate in General Body Meetings of the association (generally held during the annual National Laser Symposium). Here you are welcome to air your suggestions for the betterment of the association and to make it more useful to the members.
- You can become a member of the Executive Committee of the association by getting elected in the biannual elections for the same.
- You have the right to cast your vote in the election of Executive Committee members and also in the General Body Meeting.